Friday, October 22, 2010

What I want to be when I grow up

I think sometimes, what if I had to do it all over again. What would I do different? I think I probably would have stayed closer to home for my career. Don't get me wrong, I love my country and I do enjoy being able to stand with my brothers and sisters in arms to protect the freedoms that we all enjoy.

I feel think sometimes I would have been a great electrician or going to a trade of sorts. I like working with wood (not that I have time for it). I also think I would have been a great teacher. That is what I wanted to do, but having 6 kids being a teacher doesn't really pay the bills. I believe when I was a young boy I wanted to be a firefighter. I think I chose the dangerous path going military and police officer.

I have been really thinking about choices lately, and how those choices affect our lives weither good or bad. I know I am not perfect, but I believe to an extent that I have many things that I have made great choices on. I believe I made a great decision to go on a mission to Korea. That was a great but challenging time for me. I believe I served well and learned many things about who I am and what I stand for. It was not easy, but so worth it. I believe I also made the best choice of my life when I married my sweetheart. She is an amazing woman and does so much for me and the kids. She is also very strong. Everytime I look in her eyes I see heaven. Don't get me wrong, she has her imperfections, but I have more then her, and she makes me want to be a better man each and every day. I believe I struggle in that from time to time.

Today has not been a very good day. I went into work and found out that somehow my work computer went down. So without a computer I tried to do what was needed. At lunch I went over and relieved Tiffany at CO-OP so she could go over to her appointment. William, Ryan, and Emma were playing soccer. Jaden was over on the playground enjoying burying himself in the sand. It was pretty funny to watch. I also had a good talk with a sister from the ward about life. She has a full load with multiple little ones.

I have grown to enjoy listening to others (which happens a lot being Bishop) talk about their lives and what is happening. It is amazing to me what others lives are like. Many of them hard either financially, emotionally, physically, or spiritually. I am amazed how far a kind work or to let them know I love them goes in this day and age.

Well I better go for now. Tiffany is making homemade pizza for dinner. I always love her pizza. Hopefully the littles ones, and Tiff and I have a great relaxing night. Scott and Jessica are doing Cheer and Band tonight. I can't wait until Cheer and Band are over, then we get our kids back! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment